Commercial Accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PrecisionLandService, Dec 30, 2003.

1. PrecisionLandService

PrecisionLandService LawnSite Member

Can anyone give me some ideas on effective ways to pick up a few commerical mowing accounts..... I do mostly residential and would like to start moving into commercial work. What are the best ways to advertise? I just purchased a 1" box add in the SBC phonebook under lawn maintence. and also 2 smaller adds in bold red print under mulch and also under snowplowing. I didn't put an add in the landscaping section because there are too many pages (8-10) of companies there i dont think it would be very effective...................looking for other ideas???
  2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

That's all you need to do. Except provide good work. If you want call on a few or take them a proposal. But be prepared for price shoppers.
  3. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

Knock on doors, Talk to managers, Send flyers by mail advertise under lawn care in phone book regardless how many there are most business will call at least 5 lco for prices and if you are under snowplowing you will be overlooked. Comm. acc. are harder to get. I think word of mouth is the best advertisment...
  4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

here is a good idea to i owned half a car audio shop when we wood go to dealer ships we wood take them lunch a 20.00 sub workout well for us iv done it on numerous actions in soliciting comm acc in lawn care and you will be surprised at the out cum its something different