Commercial acc'ts got screwed

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, May 30, 2008.

1. pesticide

pesticide LawnSite Member

volume... tgcl is the walmart of lawn care. pays a little money, gets a little bit of service.

not to single out a specific company, cough cough... ahem... their techs are judged by revenue they bring in each day. not square footage or number of stops. give a tech a handful of $29 dollar invoices--- a ten hour day still wont make quota. i dont care if youve got an IV line of crystal meth into your arm... you cant do 30+ houses a day and do it right. the big company emplyoee i talk to now and again on jobsites told me he has to hit 1200 every day, rain, shine, snow, flood, no exceptions, just to have a saturday off. 1200 worth of 30 dollar applications, u do the math.

good for me though, customers finally get fed up and call me.

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I always say that I will never need a salesman as long as TG is out here.

They are definitly my best salepeople! :laugh:

3. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

here in ny a lot of the bid companies do noy use liquid and their lawns are covered w weeds, green and high with all that fert but a lot of weeds.

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

That's b/c that particular company went all granular when they came out with the 48 hour notification law. They S_U_C_K and I am glad for it b/c they do a heck of a lot of advertising and get a bunch of work for the rest of us.