1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

commercial and residential aeration pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenguy08, Aug 1, 2008.

1. greenguy08

greenguy08 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

What do you guys charge for aeration? Do you set a price by area or by estimated time? Do you charge differently for commercial vs. residential?
  2. Green Up

Green Up LawnSite Member

I have an Fergerson Drum aerator and charge by the 1000 sq ft. Usually around $4.00. If a customer has more than 1/2 acre, I do rudece the price some.
  3. ronniez71

ronniez71 LawnSite Member

I charge 60 1/4 acre and up depending size of lot?
  4. I charge $5 per 1,000 sq.ft. That's for two passes with a core aerator. It has a 5" spacing, so they really get their money's worth.
    Any fertilizer or top dressing is extra.
    All the aeration I do is commercial.
  5. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

I see an ad in my local news paper classified that reads "Lawn Aeration - any size lawn - $65.00". There has to be a catch. I charge minimum $65.00 for a small yard. I've looked at some invoice bills that Tru-Green puts on the door and it appears that they charge around 75.00 for aeration of average size yard....but they are also doing fertilizer and over seeding at the same time.
  6. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

i charge about 3x what i get to mow. works out to about 35 per 1000sq ft i think. $100 minimum.
  7. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I charge $100 minimum, or $15 per 1000 sq/ft. So an average 15K sq/ft lawn is $225.
  8. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I must be reading this wrong, you guys charge $4 or$5 per 1000sq. ft.? so for my 5,000 sq. ft. lot you would charge only $20.00 or so? Please tell me this is not true, I must be reading wrong, maybe this is the commercial price?
    Around here even the illegals charge a minimum of $30.00 to $40.00 per yard, so I am having a hard time believing you guys would be less. No disrespect meant but if this is true maybe you should look deeper into your prices. I don't know maybe its just your area is priced lower.
  9. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, this seems like a better price, I was reading this thread thinking "geez is this area that overpriced?" This is the same ballpark we are in.
  10. Sal200

Sal200 LawnSite Member

Is that price just for the aerating or does it include overseeding, fertilizer etc.. Also when you say 15k sq/ft lawn is that the total square footage of the lawn itself or the whole property.