1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

commercial backpacks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kilman's, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Kilman's

Kilman's LawnSite Member

i bought me a couple of echo 230 linetrimmers and they seem like there going to work fine, now i am looking for a good backpack, i am looking at redmax, echo, and shindawai, any advice on which way i should go, thanks
  2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

well all of these are great brands. I have the shindaiwa 8510 and I have been very pleased with it. To tell you the truth I would wait till the new 8520 comes out this year. it comes with a greater back support than any blower out there. and a improved throttle cable design the 8510's is a 2 piece so sometimes you have to pop it back in place if it gets twisted around. this only takes a second though. Also keep in mind go to the best dealer. any questions just ask.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I have an echo blower that doesn't perform well at all, It's hard to start and the throttle gets stuck @ full throttle.

I bought a REDMAX EBZ8001 and WOW what a difference, start's in two pulls at the start of the day and then just one pull all day long. And this thing will literaly blow a brick across the driveway...it's bad!
  4. Kilman's

Kilman's LawnSite Member

which echo model is it
  5. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

his is the pb403. oh ya the shini will blow a battery across the floor. thats what sold me on it is the power.
  6. Youngone07

Youngone07 LawnSite Member

stihl br 600 only way to go
  7. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

I have the echo PB-755ht and I can't say enough about it. It's great, it starts right up all day long and has enough power to blow your **** back out your mouth. Wear earplugs though, it gets kinda loud...
  8. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Echo PB-620.

It has enough power to remove river rock with ease, thats a feature I like, it makes redoing bedding matterials around houses a breeze, weight down a tarp next to the rock/woodchip/mulch bed and blow the matterial onto the tarp.

It does take about 5 pulls to start, so it's kind of a cold bastard compared to my other Echo equipment, but it's only 5 pulls, so it's not that bad. The one thing that sold me on the Echo was the 5 year warranty. :cool:
  9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Redmax ebz7001 is all you'll need.