Commercial Bid-Church

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Military Lawns, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have a church bid due next week and it consist of the following listed below, along with a basic scope of work:

Property Address Main Facility: Cut, edge, blow, pick-up trask weekly. Hedges trimmed, beds weeded as need.
    Property Address Unoccupied Building: Property used mainly for parking. Cut, edge, blow, pick-up trash weekly. Hedges trimmed, beds weeded as need.
    Property Address Parking Lot: Cut, edge, blow, pick-up trash weekly. Hedges trimmed, beds weeded as need.
    Property Address Parking Lot: Cut, edge, blow, pick-up trash weekly. Clean up fence line as needed.
    Property Address Parking Lot: Cut, edge, blow, pick-up trash weekly. Clean up fence line as needed.
    Property Address Unoccupied Building: Cut, edge, blow, pick up trash weekly.
    Property Address Vacant Lot:Cut, edge, blow, pick up trash as needed.
    Property Address 4 Unoccupied Buildings: Cut, blow, pick-up trash as needed.
    Property Address 8 Vacant Lots: Cut pick up trash as needed.

I have a figure, I just want to see how competitive I will or will not be. The majority of this other than the first three is mainly mowing, string trimming and picking up trash. All which can be accomplished by the operator. The lots are of average Florida size, probably between 80'x100', to as low as 60'x100.

I know it is hard to estimate without good pictures, just use your experience and imagination.

DJ-

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ummmm...how are we going to give you a price while having NO IDEA of the turf area, ammount of bushes to be trimmed, area of parking lot that will need blown off, etc?

3. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

ABeautifulCutAboveInc. LawnSite Member

Without seeing pictures, there's no way to know. What kind of grass would you be cutting? Does the property have irrigation, does a company take care of the chemicals? There are to many factors to know.

4. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

how long will it take, also what are the credentials the client is asking for, do they require that you have at least a certian amount of people ?? is there a minimum amount of insurance required (around here usually at least 2 mill for general liability), how mant times do hedges have to be trimmed,1,2,3,4??? can the work be performed when ever you want, or do they require it to be done on a certain day ??? are they a non-profit organization (are you suposed to charge tax ??)

5. Military Lawns

from Florida

Main facility is about 20 minutes of St. Augustine, the rest is Bahia, weeds and dirt. The scope of work is all that I am required to bid on. The rest is charged accordingly.

DJ

6. Military Lawns

from Florida

One million on the insurance, no specific day, just anytime before Sunday. I figure three people about 4-8 hours per week (so one full day). There are about 100' of hedges surrounding the main building (trimmed every two weeks for a fresh and neat appearance). All church's in Florida are non-profit.

7. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

does a thousand a week seem to much for the grass cutting

8. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I would bid at least $50.00

9. Military Lawns

from Florida

A bit because a lot of it is Bahia and weeds. I figure to knock that down every two weeks during the summer growing months and then once a month during the off season. The major concern is the main church (two small strips) of St. Augustine and the parking areas (Bahia and weeds).

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Dont you think that's a bit high........:hammerhead::hammerhead: