commercial bid help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TerraVenture, Mar 11, 2004.

1. TerraVenture

TerraVenture LawnSite Member

I am fairly new to bidding on comercial accounts. I have an account which is quite helacious. Area wise it is about 1.5 acres. The problem is about half of it will have to be cut with a combination of a 21" a hover mower and a trimmer because it is around the edge of two retention ponds. I don't have a walk behind only a 52" Stander. I was figuring I would be on the stander for about two hours and the hover and 21" for another 4 hours. I have come up with a bid of $425. Do this sound unreasonable? I would like to get the job because it includes two additional properties and quite abit of other work. There is minimal flat out mowing so I would using the Stander at crawl speed. Any comments would be appreciated.
  2. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not from your area so I can't say much about the price. I am very interested in the time involved though. This property must be very difficult to require that kind of time. I of course can not see it but have you brainstormed to see if there is any faster or more productive way to get it done?
  3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Likewise, without seeing it, I will go by your estimate of time you think it would take. 6 hours + trimming and blowing, your price sounds good. For such a small area however, I would think bids are going to come in lower, jmo.
    You may find you just don't have the right equipment to do this particular commercial property most efficiently, and may lose out because of it. Don't worry if you don't get it, one will come along.
    Good luck though!