1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Bid package

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by morning dew, Feb 1, 2002.

1. morning dew

morning dew LawnSite Member

What should a good bid package contain?

I have a hard 3 three ring folder to start with but need some suggestions of what to include as a part of sales. :confused:

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you be more specific as to what kind of bid package? If its for maintenance, then the company you'll be proposing to do work for should be supplying you w/ their bid specifications!
  3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

I agree Turfdude but many don't ... this is a pet peeve with me .. all you can hope is that they are comparing "apples to apples".
    I bid on a large commercial property last year ... I was told I was "way to high" ....well ya ...turns out the other company is doing it every 14 days... I told the manager i would like to re-bid but was turned down ... he told me " you can always bid next year".
  4. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

Gotta love it when you bid a weekly price and they wanted a bi-weekly price and didn't even tell you... what a waste of time.
  5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Thing was Bryan, a assistant told me that it was weekly ( the manager was away on holidays) He also mentioned another large part outside a fenced area ... I watched the property over the course of the season and it looked like that area was done once.
  6. morning dew

morning dew LawnSite Member

Yes I'm talking about landscape maint. Around my area, Oakland Co. Michigan, there are alot of landscape businesses in competition so I want to have something better to offer.

I was thinking about including things like memberships, insurance certificates, customer letters, etc.

What makes a good looking all around commercial bid package?