Commercial Bid question...$$$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cuts, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

When bidding a commercial property... better to list all the services that will be performed throughout the 12 months with a break down of $$$ per service... total divided by 12. Hoping to come in way under the other bids??

OR

List all service's performed WITHOUT the breakdown of $$$, but simply stating a monthly total.

In other words... do they really have to know I'm charging this amount of $$$ money for this and this amount of $$$ for that...???

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

That depends totally on how their RFQ/RFP states they want it or how they stated in their pre-bid meeting they want it.

3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i list them all and a total for all, i don't break the price down individually, unless they ask me to.

4. Carolina Cuts

thanks guys...
    Actually i just spoke to the guy... he accidently slipped and told me his exterior maintenance budget as I explained I was roughly $4000.00 under. Also asked me to breakdown each service to be performed with charges so he can sit down and add or remove services. ex. gutter cleaning. Lil' insider trading I suppose... hopefully works to my benefit.

5. Bret's Lawn Care

Bret's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I'd go with a standard charge per month for 12 months. Does this include plowing, salt and sand, tree trimming, small touch up landscaping, hedge trimming, fall clean up. Base the price off the amount of services they expect and what they expect out of you as a company.

6. Carolina Cuts

snow plowing ??? I wish... I'm in SC.
    proposal was for cutting basics... edge, trim, blow... etc..
    shrub pruning twice a season (360 of em') average size... 2ft high..35 yds mulch, 80 pine straw, and seasonal flowers in designated beds. I basically totalled everything together... then gave him a monthly figure for 12 months.

7. Bret's Lawn Care

Bret's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Sorry didnt see where you were.