Commercial Bid, What do you think?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DAMSLandscaping, Feb 16, 2006.

1. DAMSLandscaping

DAMSLandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I was asked to bid on a good sized commercial property. to make a long story short, my girlfriends father knows the people who own the business.. anyways.. i went a did some figuring and heres what u came up with...

Its Weekly Mowing From May through October, a spring cleanup with sweeping of the lots. (Im going to sub the lots to another company i worked for to sweep, just add to the bid what he would want for it) ...theres a lot of weekly trimming due to a large area of trees and a very large hill...

71,615 sqft Mowing
    14,000 sqft Trimming
    37,522 sqft Parking Lot
    It Will cost me roughly $220 for the year in fuel for the truck and the mower. Its 13 Miles 1 way.

Ill be using an Exmark Navigator 48" Deck

I came up with $200 a mow.. but i want to see what you all think. As for the Spring Cleanup, theres a lot of raking sticks and some leaves to be cleaned up. I havnt came up with a number for a clean up yet, i was thinking maybe $750 for that... But Still Trying to figure that out... Any insite on this would be a great help! Thanks!

2. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i would have to see a pic of it to even venture a guess .because it has so many variables .

3. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

Your $200.00 seems very very low especially for all that trimming. But hey, i'f you can do it and make money, more power to ya.... I wouldnt step foot on the property for that kind of money... thats just me

4. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

over a 1/4 of an acre of trimming alone thats insane you better get your self a push mower at least . i would charge $200 just for that trimming thats ridiculous.hammer hammer hammer hammer

5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

14,000 sq/ft of trimming is absolutely crazy, there's not another way of doing that besides with a trimmer?

6. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Trimming is usually measured in linear feet. Do you mean 1000' linear of trimming? (this would be the perimeter of 1/4 acre which is 4,000 sq feet) If this IS the case it sounds like your price is pretty good barring too many obsticals etc. Cleanups can only be priced upon sight.

7. DAMSLandscaping

from Maine

I may be able to do a lot of the trimming with a push mower, but its a very large hill they want trimmed weekly, and a very rooty area between several trees trimmed weekly. the hill is very steep and i dont know if i could do it with a push.. it would have to be self propelled and go horizontally IF i could do it at all

8. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

well then spray it with a grow regulator

9. DAMSLandscaping

from Maine

Ive Never used growth regulators before... tell me more?

10. DAMSLandscaping

from Maine

Any other tips or comments?