Commercial Bidding Package???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SLC LLC, Aug 27, 2006.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you that provide bids on large commercial properties, do you put together a package or handout that you provide to the people that you are meetingwith? I was thinking about putting one together, but was unsure as to everything that I would include in the package. I was thinking about "History of the Company", "Tasks we Perform", maybe some pictures...

What else could I put into this? I am very big on the professional appearance, and think this would be a great advanatage to us. Any input? Any samples to share???

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Your advertising has already gotten you the call, no need to keep selling the company.
    One profile sheet should be fine.
    What the larger contract customer is concerned with is what matters to them.
    A full contract with full scope of work and one that addresses most contingencies
    Paperwork that proves their security – Insurance, Bonding, Proof of legal hiring.
    Full contact info.
    Possible financial history of your company.
    Cost of service and billing and payment info.
    A reference page.
    Possible insurance with them named as loss payee.

The true large commercial customer is more concerned with the damage you could do to them than the work you produce. They already expect high quality product.
    You need to prove that they will receive what they contract for and not have any surprises.
    It costs money to “shop” landscape maintenance. You need to provide an answer to all questions with out them really having to ask. Do not waste their time.
    They feel that as a pro you already know what they need to do business.

Put all this into a pocket portfolio with the company profile sheet ( best if this is professionally made with the sheet attached and the logo on the front) with a few cards.
    Hope this helps

3. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

And also ......................nope that just about covers it thats all you need^^.