Commercial bidding; yes, again!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by venecular, Jun 29, 2004.

1. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

How do you guys bid on a commercial property that wants you to include landscaping such as keeping hedges trimmed, seasonal flowers/plants installed. Do you give one price per month for just the lawn care or do you give a price for everything. It would be hard to estimate what exactly is needed every season or month. This property is est. 4-5 acres.

Thanks

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

What commercial prop doesnt want you to include landscape maintenance too? I have never had a request for mow only on any commercial prop.

One price per month. If you cant estimate exactly what needs to be done every season/month, how will you know what price to come up with?

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

if i were you, i would just put in the price, cutting each week and how much that'll cost at the end of the month, trimming each month, and a few pallets of flowers each month, even if you dont have to put some pallets of flowers in each month, it'll pay for itself when you have to buy more then just a few come july or august!

well thats how i would do it... i would jsut factor EVERYTHING in and doing it every month. so cutting, trimming bushes each month, a few pallets each month of flowers, and then decide how much it'll cost you for everything, and then figure out how much you'll charge from their. thats how i'd do it.... oh yeah, make em sign a CONTRACT!!!