Commercial Bids

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

I have some commercial properties from some friends we know, they told us a price that we could cut the grass there for, and so we did and have been for five years now. I'm not familiar with bidding on commercial grounds. Alot of the grounds are wide open. What are some common sqft prices for doing commercial bids. I was figuring on .001 or 1$ per 1,000 sqft. Is this in the ball park. I know there are some other factors such as hills and obsticles, but they are really of low concern on this property. Thanks guys,, input really needed as the bid must be in by the end of the week.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I bid by time, not by square footage. I will walk a property 2 or 3 times to estimate how long it will take me. That way you can factor in those hills and obsticles that you mentioned. I have no idea how I could estimate the price by square footage. Time to cut ,multiplied by hourly rate ,equals price.

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Husky - What are you mowing with? - a 21" pusher, or a 9 1/2 foot mower - have no clue as to what you should bid until we know

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Subliminal advertising!

5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

bob - not subliminal advertizing - I am plain and simple pushing what I have to offer - I have a sponsor forum - Have you noticed how many threads mowerconsultant and switchless have on the
    HUSTLER MOWERS - Is that advertizing on threads or what.

BUT they also have a sponsor forum - We both pay bucks for them, and that is ok. Why is it not right for me to mention my product but it is ok for them to do so.

6. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

I have a 61" husky and am purchasing a 42" husky for residential yards, but it would be used here as well..