1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Bids

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookie03, Jan 26, 2005.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

I'm about to submit quite a few commercial bids for lawn maintenance. I have a question for you guys that submit bids to commercial businesses. Do you state that you will maintain their property for $75/week or $300/month?

Also, do you state that you will maintain the property weekly? bi-weekly? or?

And last, do you tell them they will be serviced from April 1 - Oct 1? Or how do you word it?

Thanks for the help!
  2. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Simply figure what you want to make a year companies usually budget this yearly. Tell them how often you will come out and what services you will perform. Let them know if you are insured if your not you can take a chance on them asking you any big business will ask. I recommend getting the insurance. I woulld go weekly to avoid getting behind. If you have fert license good if not sub it out and you can still add it to the services you perfom list and for the 3 or 4 months of the year that you wont be doing much to the lawn visit once a week to tidy up and collect checks. If you get the bid they will probly tell you when they cut checks probly monthly. Then just cut and wait till the next lco underbids you and move on. Hope this helps
  3. 1st impressions

1st impressions LawnSite Member

Most commercial owners have a spec sheet that indicates what services they are looking for. I'm not sure about Oklahoma but in Illinois we average about 30 cuts a year. Most of the commercial here also want fertilization, bush trimming, bed edging, etc. We take the total from all the services and divide it by 8 months( April- November). If you do not have a contract, maybe a search on this site will yield some examples.

Good luck!