Commercial Blade Sharpener Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by bladexchange, Jul 13, 2012.

1. bladexchange

bladexchange LawnSite Member
    from Tn

I am looking to buy a commercial blade sharpener to save myself some time and money....anyone have any suggestions of brand and type of machines I should look into??? Thank you in advance....:confused:

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Magna Matic is probably the best. They are a little spendy but worth it.

3. bladexchange

from Tn

Thank you, going to go take a look.

4. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Look a couple pages deep in the commercial and residential forum, there's a long thread about sharpeners.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Magna-Matic

Magna-Matic Sponsor

6. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I dropped a grand on the Magna Matic last year. If your like me and sharpen blades every 1-2 days the Magna Matic works great. If you run your blades until the backside is sharper then the front then look else where. It's rare to see any used Magna Matics for sale and owners never seem to complain about them.

Usually it's the hillbilly who uses a bastard file to sharpen his blades who talks bad about the Magna Matic like he's some expert.

7. Dylan's Lawn Care

Dylan's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

If you sharpen often or have many blades you can't beat the magna-matic. I have even made money off mine.

8. bladexchange

from Tn

Thank you. Appreciate all the information. Called today and got some more information on them and they look great to me.