1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All_Toro_4ME, Sep 23, 2007.

1. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Lot of talk on here about the Shindy 630s and the Echo 755. Let me know your thoughts on the two of them if you have used both or one of the other and how they compare with each other. Thanks.
  2. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

nothing beats a reddmaxx....thats All i will say.got a 6200 had it for umteen years6-o8. got a 8000 last leaf season performed like a champ. search this site. you get what you pay for........Go sooners!!!1we are sooner fans also .My wife is from norman.Sooner grad.Boomer sooers!!!!!
  3. All_Toro_4ME

Thanks for the reply leeslawncare about the Redmax. I've read they are dependable as well and a great machine. But at the same time, I think I've seen an equal amount for the shindy 630s and echos 755. Just wanted to know some thoughts. Im a sooner alum as well. Finished with a bus. degree there from Price school of business. Helped me get the business started. Good to see some sooner fans on here. Looks like we are doing really well this year in football. Undefeated so far this year. We'll see how OU vs Tx game goes this year. Should be good...
  4. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I'm considering buying a backpack blower soon myself. Talked to my dealer the other day (they don't carry Redmax). He said Shindaiwa has some good products, but he has problems with parts availability, so to expect more time in the shop if you have a breakdown requiring replacement parts. That in itself would be enough to steer me toward the Echo, which, along with Stihl, are the other two brands he carries. He actually said the big Stihl is his best seller.
  5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Echo 755 and 4 Tanaka 7800Rand used to have Stihl 420 and 600s and I will have to say that the Echo is a nice unit but as far as power it is not in the same class as the Tanaka or the Stihl 600BR its not even close thats from actually using the 755 every day as I said its a good blower but the tube is about a foot too long for me and all of my guys it just doesnt have as much power thats my only complaint.
  6. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

why wouldnt you rather have the 750? the 755 just looks heavier with nothing else changed:confused:
  7. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a 755 this week. It starts up easy has a lot of power. Overall im pretty happy but it is kind of heavy. Paid 489$ out the door

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO We have been using the echos for years easy to maintenance.:clapping:
  9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

When you consider everything parts availability, timely service, price two brands come to mind, my favorite Echo and Stihl. Echo's 755 is a great blower and has been serving us great and so do the 403s we use for lawn care. Redmax blowers are good blowers and have used them before but they don't hold up as well under hard use and very long hours year after years like my Echo's have. I used to run Redmax all the time and the max life I have gotten has been around 5yrs before the engines blew. I have Echo's that are over 8yrs and still going strong. Redmax cfm rates are also misleading there rated leaving the housing not at the end of the pipe, the business end like Echo's are.
  10. All_Toro_4ME

Thanks so much for all the advice guys. Redmax is not all that popular in my area. Mostly shindy, echo, stihl. I do appreciate the feedback.