1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Broadcast Spreaders

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by EDEN77, Jan 25, 2006.

1. EDEN77

EDEN77 LawnSite Member

I need a new commercial broadcast spreader. I know they cost a lot, but I don't want to spend $400+ on one. What is a good commercial broadcast spreader at a somewhat reasonable price ?
  2. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

You get what you pay for. Lesco sells a walk behind for $350.00. That is a very small investment.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

He is right it is top ss with all the tricks they retail over 500 bucks lesco has them on sale.
  4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

lesco it will last forever dont go cheap this is your lively hood
  5. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Spykers sure are good. They go from a hundred bucks way up. I have a $400 spyker and 2 $100 Spykers. The little ones are nice, hold about 30 lbs., and are light and easy to push. And with a stainless steel hopper.
  6. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

the lesco spreader's may seem expensive but I have a couple of them that are over 10 yrs old and in use, whatever you get make sure it has a ss frame.
  7. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a Spyker Model 88 for about $400 at the beginning of last season, was'nt disappointed either, they make a good spreader. I also bought the large push Agri-Fab toward the end of season when we were doing winter fertilizer applications. We picked up more & more fert & squirt business by the end of season I just bought this so the guy I hired could help apply (yes he was licensed :rolleyes: ) He seemed to get along with the Agri-Fab o.k. actually said he liked it. I believe I paid around $120 - $150 for it.
  8. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone use Prizelawn? I've glanced at one their models before.

Looked very well constructed and had a much wider hopper than Lesco.
  9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

we have a Lesco and it goods great!!!:waving:
  10. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I went cheap on mine. I bought one for $90 at a farm supply store, it had the knobby tires, the metal frame....looked like a nice one. Boy was I wrong. I may have used it 15 times since I have bought it, I have to costantly oil it and tighten the nuts and bolts. And it just seems that it is not accurately putting out the fertilizer..which can be very bad! I am going to buy a lesco this spring. I am going to buy a new lesco one this spring. Don't go cheap!