1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial charge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KLawn, Nov 29, 2002.

1. KLawn

KLawn LawnSite Member

What do you guys charge, on average, per 1000 sq ft. for commercial accounts in your area?
  2. KLawn

KLawn LawnSite Member

For mowing, trimming, etc.
  3. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Well there's a lots of factor that you have to take into account.

I usually charge $40 for a flat acre, + trimming depending on estimate time.

my minimum is $35.00
    and then I only take customers on contract 10 equal monhtly payments because in the spring I usually duble cut and then it gets dry and never make up for the extra time.

If you are just starting out charge acorndingly because in the long run you'll regret if you don't if you make less than 30.00 per hour you won't be able to pay for your equipment and salary.
  4. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

When I bid commercial I figure by how long it will take and how many guys. I don't bid by sq ft because there are to many variables, I also bid on a 9 month equal rate, like Atzlan siad, it takes longer in the spring but in the summer sometimes you don't even have to cut everyweek if it's dry so you can make it up. Also if there's a droght you can acually make out better because you aren't cutting but you still get paid, (sometimes you just gotta show up and pull someweeds or something for a little while so the customers see you there)