1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

commercial condo/townhome bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fraggle, Feb 19, 2006.

1. fraggle

fraggle LawnSite Member

Wuz up guys...I would appreciate a little help with a bid I'm proposing. The contract is based on 31 cuts, for a 5 acre condo/townhome property, approx. 30 buildings/4 units per buliding. They require full cutting service (mow, edging (lots of it), weeding,.etc...), and they expect a fairly high level of service (it's a nicely kept development),the areas are easily accesible, no fencing. I estimated somewhere around $39,000/year,though I understand costs vary from company to company, am I on the ballpark. What's your thoughts...Thanks a lot
  2. tteckster

tteckster LawnSite Member

That's over $250.00 per acre!
  3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

That's not really out of line IMHO. We recently won a contract for 62 Patio Homes about 2.75 acres we get $535.00 per cut + a bagging surcharge which could double the price. Concidering all the trimming and edging it's not that out of whack.
  4. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

WOW! Unless I am mistaken at 31 cuts for $39,000 thats $1258.06 per cut, for 5 acres. That's pretty nice, high if you ask me, but maybe I missing something. You might want to elaborate a little how you got that price per cut or is there other things you didnt mention, like mulch, bush trimming etc.

5. Ky.Smoke

Ky.Smoke LawnSite Member

Seems kinds high to me. I will have to agree you need to give more details if possible.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Jeez seems high man i hope you land it we have so many scrubbs here,i bid a job last year at $410.00 per cut the bid went at $160.00 and tell, we really didn't want at :dizzy: 410.00.
  7. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I might be way off here guys but i think that the 39,000 is more than just the mowing. I think that that might include the edging along with the fert. for a yearly combined price of 39,000
  8. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

I won a bid in Dec. for 140 unit condo complex with a little over 6 acres of common area. Bid includes fert/spring-seed/fall (just for common areas) fert and seed by sub-contractor of mine. Lots of trimming!!! Bid was in the high 30's Hope this helps.
  9. fraggle

fraggle LawnSite Member

Thanks alot for your responses. The property has alot of edging, and they want it all bagged. Ill go back to review the #s anyways. Thanks again...
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

IMO, you can forget how many acres it is...an estimation on how many man hours you think it will take is the key.