Commercial contract

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I went to a restaurant tonight 2 have dinner and saw how rundown the property was and gave the manager my card. Now I have a 70% chance of getting this local major chain restaurant's (non-fast food) landscape maintenance. They do it all in house but it is all over grown and needs regular maintenance. Now there's no grass just plants. so what would i say to charge? the property is 1/4 acre. theres about 15 live oaks that need trimming, box woods that need to have dead wood trimmed out, weeds in beds, and a possible re-mulch, weeds pulled, last a dead sago palm taken out. i was thinking $145 a month. is that 2 high or 2 low and i need a Commercial contract form also if i get this.
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member
  3. Frontier-Lawn

1]The place look like crap
    2] most of the employees are 18 or less
    3] When he calls me ill go over with him every thing that needs to be done.
    4] They cant trim tall trees and dig out a dead plant
  4. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

$145 a month?
    Are you just going to go there a couple hours a month?
    Sounded like a lot of work that needs to be done. Why don't you just charge for what you need to do?
  5. Frontier-Lawn

monthly mant. trimm the bushes pull the weeds trimm the trees. Misc. items
  6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

They didn't leave out the grass for nothing they are looking for low maintenance. Usually you would need to clean off parking lot for a few weeks in the live oaks drop the leaves. With the exception of bush trimming the rest of the stuff is usually a charge item. Tree trimming, mulch, irrigation etc. So $140/month might be okay for parking lot cleanup, irrigation check monthly, and bush trimming.