Commercial contract

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AllSeasonsAllReasons, Feb 21, 2001.

1. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

Could someone please give me a sample commercial acount contract that they use? It would be for a season contract the only thing is i don't know if it should be for 8 months or 7 it would start on april 1st and go through october 31 or april 1st through nov 31st sometimes it snows in november and sometimes its 60 outside what are your opinions on this? Thanks again

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Our contracts in Upstate NY run from 1April thru 31November. Just like you have said we often have to toss the coin as to whether or not we will be plowing in November or mowing thru Thanksgiving.

I would recommend that you plan on 28 cuts but keep it so that you will get a minimum of 24 for drought seasons and a maximum of 32 cuts for wet years.

Hope this helps.
    Kris

3. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Here in MI we figure commercial accounts on 28 weeks seems here it doesnt matter if it gets skipped once or twice a year. most comm accts. are irrigated though. so i do March - Oct UNLESS they sign late then its April - Nov. I guess the differance is i give a yearly price and break it down into 8 mo. payments.If you have Word i can E-MAIL you a copy of mine to look at