1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

commercial contracts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by takeittothelimit, Feb 6, 2008.

1. takeittothelimit

takeittothelimit LawnSite Member

when drawing up commercial contracts do you use the same contract as residential or a completly different format, if so does anyone have any samples or can you give me some ideas on what to add. I have a good residential contract but I don't feel it would surfice as a commercial contract.
    Any and all help is apprieciated thanks
  2. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

I agree that a residential contract is not really adequate for a commercial account. There are a few contracts posted on this site if you do a search.
    You pretty much want to spell out exactly what your doing for the money in a commercial contract. I mine I put that there will be a litter clean up every time we set foot on site, and that has gone over really well. I also put a stipulation of what "normal" litter clean up is so I don't spend 8 hours picking up trash.