1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

commercial grade edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by howierd3866, Jul 20, 2008.

1. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

Just want to know if anybody has try the Kutting Edge Sidewalk Edger which mounts to the side of a Hustler Super Z. We have over 10 miles of edging to do and looking for something easy than walking. It sell for about $2200.00.
  2. howierd3866

does anybody have any other way to edge qucikly 10 miles..looking for something to mount to a zturn or a gator
  3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never seen a ZTR mounted edger, but a McClane would work good for you. You have to walk, but it's easier than a stick edger for long distances.
  4. howierd3866

thanks I will check it out but I like the ideal of seating
  5. howierd3866

just check it out I have saw some of these diff. brand..in some of area it will work but other not enought room for the wheels to roll thanks again
  6. MisfitBobletts

MisfitBobletts LawnSite Member

I have 14 acres of cemetery and we use an edgit which works really well.... www.edgit.com
  7. George Mason

George Mason LawnSite Member

I know someone with the Ventrac system and they said that company makes an attachment with an edger. I know it's different than the one you are looking into and won't fit the mower but for all practical purposes it is the same thing and they might be able to tell you if it is worth it or not. I know there are at least a few guys in my area, which isn't all that big, that have Ventracs so maybe you can track someone down in your area that has one and uses that system and tap them for some feedback. I would guess that since the Ventrac is more common for large mowing jobs that you'd be more likely to find someone with that attachment there than with the mower set-up but you never know. Personally, I have never seen the edger on one, just know they make it.
  8. pconley

pconley LawnSite Member
    from ME

Walker Mfg. Has an edger attachment for their machines.
  9. howierd3866

Thanks George down around here only one company uses the ventracs for slope that my ztrurn would mow.No one knows anything about these they all used the hand type with a $5. ph man we do alot of miles just klooking for something easier for my guys.

Thanks Pconley..thats is where I first learn about these then hustler.still looking for someone just hate to pay $2100 for something else to pile in the corner
  10. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

check out the walker 1s