Commercial grade leaf rakes

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Keegan, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Do they exist? I've bought two already from my local hardware store and the handles brake in no time.

2. DavidNJ

DavidNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Aluminum or fiberglass handles break?

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You're just a raking machine. I found some with heavy steel tines and a wooden handle about an inch and a quarter in diameter. Bought it at TSC 4 years ago. Only drawback is weight.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. memphis.landscape

memphis.landscape LawnSite Member

I have always used the cheap ones from home depot. They cost $7 and will last for most if not all of the season. Regardless of cost workers will find some way to eventually break stuff.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we like the ergo lightwieght steel handles, and buy the cheap large fan plastic ones and replace the heads with the new one mounted on the steel handles.

i have not been able to find the handles for some time, the newer ones are different and not as good as the ones we have. i will have to look further into it for you all

6. rocklandls

rocklandls LawnSite Member

I buy the Craftsman 30" rakes from Sears.. If they break, just go back and get a new one for free.

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I use the Rugg 22" Poly Steel Fan rake with a 48" hardwood handle. Its the cheapest and lightest rake that I have found that will stand up well to lots of use.