commercial intek briggs on quick 36

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bstroman, Mar 21, 2007.

1. bstroman

bstroman LawnSite Member

Well anybody I have never seem a commercial spec intek briggs. Is this the same briggs that come on box store lawn mowers or is a better grade of motor. I need a new mower for my house but did not want to spend the difference for the kaw. motor.

HOW DO THIS MOTOR COMPARE TO THE KOHLER COURAGE PRO.

2. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

I think the intec has bearings instead of bushings for the crankshaft and rod and a cast iron sleeve for the piston.

3. bstroman

bstroman LawnSite Member

Does that mean it is a better engine

4. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Yes the cast iron sleeve will last alot longer and the bearings for the crank shaft makes engine run alot smoother for longer durability.

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Intek single cyl engines are junk, they won't have enough power to do commercial mowing and will bog down in wet or slightly over grown grass. A friend of mine bought one against my advice and now he just wants to get rid of it. If your going to run a Briggs & Stratton engine go with the Vanguard its a commercial engine that will hold up and will have alot more torque to get you through wet, tall grass. Other than on a 21" I wouldn't reccomend that anyone doing commercial mowing use anything other than a V-Twin engine. A 15hp Kaw has twice the torque of the 20hp Intek so 5hp less and more torque. Why would anyone want one?