Commercial Interior Lanscape pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by davechng, Feb 6, 2001.

1. davechng

davechng LawnSite Member

I am trying to quote a commercial interior landscape contract for an office . It will require about 52 plants of different heights. What would be a market rate for quoteing a maintaince contract ... The company will pay for the plants which is the easy part! But I will have to quote them the maintainance of the plants and all that.

thanks for the info.

DaveC

2. diginahole

diginahole LawnSite Member

I used to work winters for an interior landcsape firm. Maintenance techs visit each site on a weekly basis. The plants health was entirely our responsibility. If the plant dies or starts to look ratty it would be replaced at no cost to the customer. Most visits will be just quick water dust and pick a few yellow leaves, but you would be required to fertilize and spray for pests as well. Keeping an eye out for pests is very important because in a closed indoor environment they spread very quickly. This will eat up your replacement budjet in a hurry.

Blair
    Personalized Landscaping Ltd.

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Blair,

I had posted a similar thread, I am thinking about sub contracting this work out. Could you advise me as to whether the work was done by lawn care laborers or were they in fact certified applicators in your experiences??

Thanks for the help.
    Kris

4. diginahole

diginahole LawnSite Member

Most of the techs were full time interior landscape pros. They had a great deal of knowledge about tropicals. It helps having pros like that around to teach you about plants that I knew very little about. Keeping up on the bugs and not overwatering are the first things that should be learned.

Blair
    Personalized Landscaping Ltd.

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Thank you for your time. You have been most informative.

Kris

6. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

pricing interior plant maintenance can be tricky. 52 plants can be taken care of with about 1 hours labour per week but this can have a lot of variables. You must also count on spending extra time occasionly to do extra cleaning or watering. Insect pests spread like wildfire and control with chemicals requires liscenced technicians.(the liability with chemicals indoors is very high) Replacements must be factored in. This varies by the type of plant, the conditions they are placed in and customers expectations. What the pricing comes down to is do you do "splash and dash","spit and split" or quality work. Make sure you don"t price your self short.