1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Intro Letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KrayzKajun, Jan 16, 2007.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Does anyone have an example of an introduction letter that can be sent to pontential commercial accounts? or would calling or going in person be better?

:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
  2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm on board, I'd like to see one too. I usually stop in and ask to talk to a manager or owner, but I would like to send out some letters to potential clients, as I've found it is sometimes hard to talk to the "man in charge", because they are absentee owners, or too busy.
  3. KrayzKajun

bump bump!
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Your Properties Landscape can Represent 20-15% of Your Properties Value
    Isn't it Worth to Have a Professional Maintain that Value?

Fantasy Lawns would like to be considered for any Lawn & Landscape Maintenance bids concerning the Entrance Ares, Common Grounds or Retention Ponds Turf, Hedging & Plants Bed Areas of the Home Owners Association.

If you are accepting bids at this Time or in the Future, please contact us by phone, e-mail or fax.

Fore any questions or to request a Bid please CALL after all Estimates are Competitive and FREE

Further services such as Flower Beds, Palm & Tree Trimming, Pest Control, Fertilization Programs, Irrigation Repairs & Landscape Installations are available as well.

We have available Property References from a variety of Local Commercial & Premium Residential Customers.

Our Local County Licenses is # 000000000, Federal Tax EIN # 00-00000. We carry Commercial Vehicle & Liability Insurance for $1,000,000.00. Our friendly Staff is always available for any questions or request; our Employees are Courteous, Well kept & Covered with Workman's Comp.

Please visit our site on the Web at www.fantasylawns.com for samples of our work as well as complete descriptions of our services or to e-mail questions you may have.
  5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Here is my 06 letter. My 07 is new and improved and also confidential!

Dear Neighbor,

Summer is almost over and fall is just around the corner. Fall is the perfect time to start the landscaping project you have been putting off all summer. Before we know it, it will be spring again, and what better way to spend it, than relaxing in your new backyard oasis designed and build by xxx xxxxx. We're a small, personal company, serving the landscape construction needs of Sussex and Morris Counties. We offer both hardscape and softscape services, including:
    • Retaining walls
    • Paver Patios, Walkways, Driveways and Pool Decks
    • Bluestone, Flagstone and other natural stone work
    • Outdoor Kitchens
    • New Plantings

If you’re looking for a company to cut your grass or plant a few annuals, we are not the ones to call. But if you’re looking for a dedicated landscape company, to design and build the outdoor entertainment area that you always dreamed about, we are the ones for your project.

It is often difficult and risky to choose a contractor to trust with your home. But unlike some in the industry, xxxx LLC helps remove the risk by providing the client with proof of licensing and insurance and a list of references before any work commences. Visits to completed job sites are not only allowed, but encouraged.

If xxxx LLC can be of service to you, please feel free to call us at
    xxxx. If we are out of the office, just leave a message and I will personally return your call later that day.

I used different varations of this letter last year. It scored me the big bluestone job i posted pics of in the hardscaping forums.

6. KrayzKajun

thanx guys
  7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Send out an intro letter descibing years in busn, what services you provide, experience that you may have, and let them know you would like to be included on their list of bidders also include company flyer and business card. I send out packets like this to commercial accounts every quarter and pick up 1-2 a year. I wouldn't suggest calling or going over to them, the person you will need to speak to will be busy and wont like being bothered. Direct mail is a great way for them to see what you are offering without bothering them.
  8. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

When you are sending out the packet are you including the actual copies of your liability policies and licenses? Do you think would help or hurt? I plan on spending this winter getting some packets together.