Commercial Jobs?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CJIII, Apr 17, 2002.

1. CJIII

CJIII LawnSite Member

Could I make more money doing commercial jobs. and if so how much sould I charge?

2. karl klein

karl klein LawnSite Member

you might beable to make a little more but the problem is you need even more equipment. if you are looking at making money you are looking in the wrong place it is going to take you a couple of years to pay off your equipment.

3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Whether you can make money depends also on how competitive your market is now. In some markets, the bidding is very competitive and favors large companies who have many resources. For example, if you have to buy 3 new mowers to handle the accounts, you will pay more than a national company that buys mowers directly from the manufacturer. You need to do research and figure out which part of the commercial market fits your business.

4. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

More money than what?
    What are you using as a basis of comparison?

5. CJIII

CJIII LawnSite Member

because the yard are bigger. and cause you can charge more.

6. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

I give up.

Roger

7. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

just cause the job is bigger does not mean you make more money, coming from experience, you make less
    AK Lawn

8. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with you AK lawn!!!

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Why are you worrying about charging more? That wasn't an issue for you a couple days ago.

Not to mention you have no experience, no equipment, no idea what your costs are, and no experience bidding. I think you better get some equipment and learn this year and then maybe get into comm'l jobs later.