Commercial Lawn Care Contract

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Infinite, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Infinite

Infinite LawnSite Member

When making your commercial lawn care contract what does everbody state as for how long the contract will last? April 1st to November 1st? I am from Ohio so we usually mow from April 1st to early to mid November.

2. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

Do you mean how many years? if so its really up to you and if the customer agrees to it. Usually go year to year or auto renew

3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

our contracts start april 1 to nov. 15. for spring, summer, and fall services.

4. Infinite

Infinite LawnSite Member

Another thing I was also wondering when bidding on a commercial property. This property wants the hedges trimmed whenever needed and the basic mow, trim, edge, blow done every week. In my price quote should I put one price for everything or break it down into 2 categories: such as $60 a cut and $10 every time the hedges need trimmed?

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Personally, I would lump everything into one price. In other words...say you estimate $600 to keep all shrubs trimmed all year long. Caution...check into when shrubs should/can be trimmed. You don't want to be trimming those azaleas or forsythia before they bloom!

Anyway, assuming a 30 week season I would add $20/wk to the lawn price.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -