1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

commercial lawn care

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Jan 22, 2003.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

What time of the year do business's start looking for lawn care companys. I am not sure when i should throw out some flyers and put an ad in the paper. When do they start calling you or when do you start to ty to get those calls. I also live in wisconsin. Thabk you very much just want to do it correct this year.
  2. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

You should already be taking you're bids around or have just gotten through with it. All businesses are different some wait until March and some take bids at the end of the year. You just have to contact those commercial properties and see if they are accepting bids. Sometimes it can be frustrating other times it can be fun!
  3. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

Yep i sent out the contract/proposals to existing customers. And i have to send the ones i dint get back yet back out again.
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

In our area many will submit their proposal for the following year in mid-October. This way they will know what spots they have available and how much turf they need to fill not to lose revenue for the upcoming year.

They will basically let clients know that if they sign up for services again prior to winter there wont be any price increse. however, if they wait til late winter/early spring, then they will be re-instated at the rates of the upcoming year.

There are many who start about mid-Feb soliciting for new or expanding biz as well. I think it pretty much depends on which side of the table you sit at -- maintaing or expanding???
  5. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

thanks for the feedback yea i want to maintain my customers now i sent it out to them in october but i also want to expand. I just want to start at the right time looking for new clients i dont want them to pass me up.