commercial lawn mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sky, Feb 21, 2002.

1. sky

sky LawnSite Member

I was just hired to start a branch of lawn care for a landscaping company, and they want to up grade some of there equipment.right now they have a sccag and they want a second one. i could use some help on some ideas for some other mowers.

2. Do they want a ztr or a walkbehind?A ztr i like dixie chopper and exmark a lot. A walkbehind exmark and scag have been good for us and i find the new gravely's appealing and look to demo one as soon as my dealer gets them in.
    My experience with scag ztr's arent to good the turf tiger we had was not to good and the cut was terrible
    But your first order of business should be to find a good dealer and demo demo and demo.Good dealer support is important .
    Almost as much as the mower you get.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

wow. that has to be one of the most broad statements ever made. first off, what type of scag? ztr, walk behind? how many accounts do you need to service? do you have gates to go through? what size mowers do you have and what do you think you need? more info needed.

4. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Since you're only asking about mowers ...
    The new Scags are great! I've been using a Tiger Cub for just over a year, which is a ztr, and I just got a Scag SW 36 13HP Kohler, which is a walkbehind, and I love them both.
    - Quality of cut is fantastic, easy to maintain, durable, priced right, easy to use, etc.
    - I've had good correspondence with the factory whenever I had a question, unlike some other experiences I've had with other (toally different) factories.
    - My dealer gives great service, too, so that's a bonus.
    - Scag's warranty is awesome, especially on their spindles, you can find that info on their website.

All things considered, I don't think you'll go wrong with a Scag.

I'd like to add a Turf Tiger or a Sabre Tooth Tiger to my toolbox soon! ;)

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Get them to demo the eXmarks. Factory support is 2nd to none. I think if you demo'd them you would find the cut is superior.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Sky
    Try a Lazer Or Turf tracer And see the cut for Your self. In Connecticut They Stripe Very Well The cut is Great And The Quality Is secound To none. We have Had No Down time In 400 hours. If I Could post a Picture I Would. The team at exmark is Great To. It's Like a Family.:D :D :D :D Johnny G.