Commercial LED Floods

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by jshimmin, May 19, 2009.

1. Tomwilllight

Tomwilllight LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Joey,

What does "brass fixture with a nickle/SS PVD finish coating" mean exactly? I looked at the Unique web site and found very little technical information. Could it be that I just missed it?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Tomwilllight

The best source of information on corrosion and landscape lighting is in Jan Moyer's: THE LANDSCAPE LIGHTING BOOK. In the 2nd edition, Chapter 8 is titled "Corrosion, Materials and Finishes." It's all there.

Tom

3. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

no we never got our PVD line fully off the ground. Just as we were set for a formal release is when the economy took a dump. We didnt see an extremly high end line of products taking off so we have put the line on hold for now.

PVD is a plating process different from "dipping"

"Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) is an environmentally friendly vacuum coating process that provides brilliant and durable decorative finishes on household appliances, plumbing fixtures, door hardware, jewelry, electronic components, automotive trim and marine fittings."

4. Tomwilllight

Right! We just renovated our kitchen and that's where I heard PVD.

Thanks Joey!

Tom

5. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

6. jshimmin

jshimmin LawnSite Member

I'm doing demo's with Nexxus Lighting and Color Kenetics tomorrow. I am concerned about the aluminum fixtures both offer.
    I just left a rip out and re-install that had aluminum fixtures that were garbage after three years.
    Color Kenetics has offered to build fixtures using only the Blue LED's as the R and G's will not be needed.
    After this research looks like some more commercial jobs are popping up.