Commercial license up date

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Landrus2, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Who has up dated they commercial license restrictions:waving:

2. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

You mean certifying the tier of operation? I have
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Landrus2

What restrictions you have on your commercial license :waving:

4. TTS

I still don't understand your question but I certified my tier of operation and don't have restrictions on my cdl
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Landrus2

The new law is if you going to cross state lines you need medical exam:waving:

6. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I always thought that was the law? Oh well I'm good for another year and the company keeps me up to date. Here we have to show a copy to the DMV just to keep a CDL otherwise we have to turn it in for a Class E as far I know.

7. TTS

Im not familiar with new York's individual laws on cdl but I know federal law has mandated a medical card for interstate travel for more than a decade. The new changes that I'm aware of are that you now have to certify what class you operate and whether you're intra or interstate. When you certify you are now required to upload a copy of your med card which you didn't have to do before but you always had to have one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Landrus2

Hey unkownfl what class license do you have (A). (B). :waving:

9. Landrus2

Hey TTS New York had restrictions. (K) now up dated to (A3*K):waving:

10. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I have an A with no restrictions and no endorsements now. I only drive intrastate but the companies I work for want to have interstate available because we do a lot of storm work as a company nation wide. I however, chose to stay closer to home as I already usually work out of town to begin with living in Orlando and working in South FL. I believe they just started a law here to have a medical card if you have a CDL period, but like I said I'm not sure on it as I've always had a med card to go with my license.