1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Mower Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mattitude, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Mattitude

Mattitude LawnSite Member
    from WV

Here it is guys. My local Gravely dealer couldn't keep up with Gravely's demands and went with Snapper this year. I am not real impressed with that line of product. A new store opened and has Husquavarna mowers, but iti sells everything from mulch to jeans to hot water tanks. The only other local shop I have sells Kubota's. The other guy can still get Gravely's but not as cheap.

HERE IS MY QUESTION: How would you rank Kubota, Snapper and Husquavarna ZTR mowers as far as dependability and performance goes!

2. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Will he be carrying Ferris also?
  3. Mattitude

from WV

Nope, I bought a Ferris WB last year but had to drive about an hour to the closest shop, not very conveinent for parts or service.

I have 3 shops in my local area:
    1. Snapper on site(can still get Gravely)
    2. Kubota
    3. Husquavarna
  4. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Just about impossible to go wrong with a Kubota. The only downside is the price.
  5. jaguar4000

jaguar4000 LawnSite Member

#1 kubota - followed by husquavarna and then snapper. If you do not go w/ a kubota then I would go w/ gravely if your dealer can still get. good luck!
  6. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Is it the residential line of snapper ZTRs.. or the SnapperPro line? It would almost seem like the SnapperPro line is just as good as any of the other commercial mowers.
  7. Mattitude

from WV

Amazingly the Prices goes like this:
    1. Husquarvarna, almost 1500 for equivalent machine
    2. Snapper, it is a commerical line
    3. Kubota, not a diesel, but a nice looking machine.

One concern is that Snapper and Kubota are offering stripping kits. What do you guys do about this.
  8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

My first choice would be Kubota and Husqvarna would be my second choice.
  9. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

My second choice was Ferris ( after I sold my first choice @150 hours) it was a kubota, Bad choice and worse dealer.
  10. rclay11541

rclay11541 LawnSite Member

My only choice would be kubota. Husky produces a real pice o crap IMO and snapper isn't much better. A kubota on the other hand is a first class machine.