commercial mower- what to tarp it with?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowisme, Apr 6, 2013.

1. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

Church needs to store 60" mower outdoors this summer. It will be in a area that will have concrete under it but want to know what others may use besides those blue tarps from box stores..They seem to blow around alot. This may even need stored in winter out there. Is their a heavy covering that works well? Do they have a convas type universal cover just for these? ( it is a 60" GD walk behind w/sit-on sulky)- Thanks!

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Get a nice commercial grade tarp. Use some bungee cords to secure the tarp around the mower.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. hi_speedreed

hi_speedreed LawnSite Senior Member

Tarps are annoying and will blow off or the rivets will tear. If a building/storage shed on site is out of the question, look for a parishoner to volunteer to take it home and store it. Storing it outside also makes it easy for thieves.

A few stores sell a canvas carport that is similar to an expedition style tent. It is not permanent and I've seen them for less than $300.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jflazerz

jflazerz LawnSite Member

atv covers work good they have elastic around the bottom and will stay on pretty good ,I bought mine from rural king ( FARM STORE ) for $ 20.00

5. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

6. Do keep in mind that if it is humid where you are or if it rains then the tarp will hold moisture under the non-breathing tarps your mower will be kept in ideal conditions for rusting and corrosion.