1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

commercial mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Just Say Mow!, Nov 15, 2003.

1. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Mr. Lucky,

I quickly learned the K-turn and don't mark the grass any longer. I just feel I lose time in the turns doing it. I see some guys on the larger ZTR's doing circles without as much of a mark. Thanks for the info. though.

Just ay Mow,

Congrats on the Hustler. How much was the mulch plate? I just welded one up the other day not knowing hustler offered it.
  2. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky LawnSite Member

It seems that one fuel load usually last about 8 hours. Or at least my equipment seems to run about that on a "full" load of fuel. My Turf Tiger will run 8 hours and my old Deere WB will also.

I do not know about the mini z, but I demoed a 60" Z back in the summer and the ride was much better on it than on my Tiger. But let me add this......the cut was not as good as my Scag. The advantage deck seems to have the best cut.

Remember... your customer doesn't care how good your mower rides and handles, they only know how their property looks when you leave.:cool2:

GET ON THE EDGE!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Just Say Mow!

Just Say Mow! LawnSite Member

Hey Mr. Lucky and FuzzyOne,
    Unable to open the thread on how to do a K-turn. I'm still trying to figure out how to drive straight much less turn. I kinda have an idea what you're talking about. The quickshoot was $300 plus tax installed. Don't know if that's too much or a good deal, but I'm glad I invested in it. Do you all mow wet grass? I'm also looking at a Stealth wb w/9 hp Kawasaki. It's a demo w/2 hours
    and $1250. Any info on this model/price will be appreciated.
  4. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky LawnSite Member

I do not know what size deck that you are talking about, but 9hp sounds like the low end of the power scale. I would be very careful buying an engine that small. My 36" WB had a 15 horse.:waving: