Commercial plants...........where?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tthomass, Mar 13, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

I'm located in northern VA and in need of grade B / commercial plant material. I'm going to be making some phone calls tomorrow to locate some suppliers but is there someone in the surrounding areas you recommend dealing with?

Commercial jobs coming up that are being sent my way.

Thanks!

2. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Where are you getting material now?

3. tthomass

from N. VA

I'm not, thats why I'm asking. I normally do residential but have the opportunity to do a few commercial jobs.

The "locals" suck.......qouted me 50% higher then where I need to be. Have to go straight to the growers but I don't know who the growers are.

4. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Todd, I can't speak for any of these guys but you've got :

Dulles Nursery in Chantilly
    Greenworks in Chantilly
    Ruppert Nurseries in Aldie
    Wayne's Wholesale in Fairfax
    Behnke Nurseries in Potomac
    Craven's Nursery in Fairfax
    Broad Run Nursery in Haymarket
    Azalea Acres Nursery in Fairfax Station

I'm not sure if some of these are glorified garden centers but all seemed to have a fair amount of stock. Hope this helps. If you need phone numbers, let me know. I wasn't sure if I could post them.

Andy:)

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Northern Nurseries might be able to help you out. I'm just not sure if they have any close to you. I know they are on the east coast Northeast region.

6. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

todd,

let me know what you're in need of. i'm sure i can beat the prices you're getting in your area and we can ship if needed.

thanks

7. tthomass

from N. VA

Mostly nurseries........Ruppert I'll be speaking with tomorrow. I've got a buddy that does commercial work that I'll be getting a list of growers from tomorrow.

Calling Northern too....delivery charge for them will prob be most important.

Thanks for the replies.

8. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

Most of these are garden centers and only give the usual 10-20% discount.

9. Daniels

Daniels LawnSite Member

don't want to hijack the thread but am intrested in this as well but a little further south between northern va and northern richmond-----std things but loads of them-- annuals-giant green arborviate 8-10ft-dwarf alberta spruce4-6ft-gold euonymous autmn maple 2in+,Ligustrum 3-5 gal-purple leaf plum2 in-3 gal nandina--there that todays shopping list

Thanks