1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Plowing, Few questions

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SECTLANDSCAPING, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

You can get you a V plow with wings on it western 9.6 + wings = 12 wide makes it moving snow
    or get you one them 8-10 plow
    But tell you there be days where drifts are big and you be happy having V plow to bust the first run

2. SECTLANDSCAPING

SECTLANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

They went under after paying the subcontractors. Shitty way to go down.

3. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

I could knock these places out in an hr in a half tops with my 10ft boss and GMC kodiak

a Nice skidsteer would be nice but with a big truck like i have i can make longer passes than a regular truck.

4. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Easy lot I agree 2 hours with your 1 truck on a 2" storm

5. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Easy lot the storage area will take you some time I agree 2 hours with your 1 truck on a 2" storm invest in a winged plow. But from the sounds of it you don't have a lot of commercial lots so use what you have. Don't take a skidder there who wants to trailer things in a storm. Last year we ran 5 skids and had them at places like this but we also had 10 other lots in the same park.

With your smaller truck I would say its a $175 job at 2" and go up from there

6. SECTLANDSCAPING

SECTLANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

This was from last year. The lot took 45 mins to a hour tops. Even in a 8 inch storm I was out in a hour. I cant remember off the top of my head but with walks and salt I was around $260 for 2".