Commercial Plowing, Few questions

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SECTLANDSCAPING, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

You can get you a V plow with wings on it western 9.6 + wings = 12 wide makes it moving snow
    or get you one them 8-10 plow
    But tell you there be days where drifts are big and you be happy having V plow to bust the first run

2. SECTLANDSCAPING

SECTLANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

They went under after paying the subcontractors. Shitty way to go down.

3. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

I could knock these places out in an hr in a half tops with my 10ft boss and GMC kodiak

a Nice skidsteer would be nice but with a big truck like i have i can make longer passes than a regular truck.

4. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Easy lot I agree 2 hours with your 1 truck on a 2" storm

5. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Easy lot the storage area will take you some time I agree 2 hours with your 1 truck on a 2" storm invest in a winged plow. But from the sounds of it you don't have a lot of commercial lots so use what you have. Don't take a skidder there who wants to trailer things in a storm. Last year we ran 5 skids and had them at places like this but we also had 10 other lots in the same park.

With your smaller truck I would say its a $175 job at 2" and go up from there

6. SECTLANDSCAPING

SECTLANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

This was from last year. The lot took 45 mins to a hour tops. Even in a 8 inch storm I was out in a hour. I cant remember off the top of my head but with walks and salt I was around $260 for 2".