Commercial Price Per Acre

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by BMPM, Jan 4, 2007.

1. BMPM

BMPM LawnSite Member

I am looking for the going rate ( est.) here in central Pa for commercial mowing per acre. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone have any idea on how to bid lawncare at multiple complexes?

2. SILVERSTREAK INC

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

depends on the mower and weedwacking and terrain,

brushhogging with the tractor and a 80" hog i get 65-85 an hour for open cut and no weedwack

i try to get 55-70 an acre for the 60" lazer (rider) depends is it open cut or hills.....thick grass..etc

60" walkbehind with velkee....65 an hour, used on areas of hills that are large

for a 48" itd be somewhere around 75-80 an acre its more mantime and slower machine....should be used on confined areas or slopes

plus weedwacker time, usually figure appx how many hours your gonna be there walking around measuring the site, beds etc....if your gonna "take off" the site ...or if theres tons of trees you plan on weedwack edging each week, figure out how long your gonna be mowing and that will be your weedwack time, (its alright to be a bit over as you need to figure time in for blowing also) usually a weedwacker guy is gonna be from 25-40 an hour

theres other factors too, be on the high side of these numbers if your driving far to the site (your paying you guys to sit in the truck there and back normally, and your in biz to make money)

3. BMPM

BMPM LawnSite Member

thanks i appreciate the info believe me i need it!

4. amos_moses

amos_moses LawnSite Member
    from AR

Is that what the weedwacker guy is being paid, or is that what you're charging for the weedwacker guy?

5. SILVERSTREAK INC

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

thats what im charging although at 10 bucks an hour (what i pay him) and after health insurance and paying my part of his taxes he prolly is costing me close to 22 an hour!

6. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

bmpom are you bidding the job at hershey homestead to?

It is at the Milton Hershey School in Hershey, PA