1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Pricing-Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DFed913, Jun 6, 2006.

1. DFed913

DFed913 LawnSite Member
    from KC, MO

Just started lawn maintenance business (mowing, trimming, etc.) - Have all residential accounts right now but have offers to do some small-medium size commercial lots (think post offices/federal properties).

Each property has approx. 1370 feet of trimming. One property has less trimming, more mowing and one has 12 trees to be trimmed around. Also, both are in heavy populated areas and will require quite a bit of trash removal before each mow.

I have quotes in mind for about 60-75 dollars - new at this - please tell me if this is considered too high or "lowballing".

Any and all opinions appreciated.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I have asked my equipment many times if it knows the difference between residential and commercial-------It doesn't
    Therefore I charge the same rates.

When we do bids for properties that need 4 guys all day we will have to sharpen the pencil a bit but for the stuff you are talking about there is no difference
  3. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

smartass comment but the truth there is no difference price as if it was a house but to land it you might have to be a little cheaper because commercial props most the time are just looking for the cheapest company
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Commericial often less and I would guess that post office and city and state building would be very very competitive and thus low priced.
  5. murray83

murray83 LawnSite Senior Member

not to mention bonding,1-3 million in insurance not worth bidding on :(