Commercial Prop. 25 Acres Mowing??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SIG, Jan 15, 2003.

1. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

Hi Guys,
    I am bidding a commercial property....25 acres of actual mowing. There will be some trimming, edging but not a lot and it will be charged seperatly. I would like to get an idea of your pricing on this. Competitve bid, property is relatively flat, not rough. I want to be competitive, but DO NOT want to work for nothing!! So have at it fellas.
    P.S. If I had to mow it today, I would be using 2 60" Lazers.

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If you figure about 77msf/hr with a 60" deck, thats roughly 14.5 hrs total. My guesstimate sight unseen would be 6.5-7 hrs for the 2 machines.

If your bidding by the acre, Id calc $28/acre or $700 which would gross you $50 man/hr.

3. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I'd bid it around $500 just for the mowing. It would take us about 1.5 hours with three 72" machines. That figures out to about $333/hour or $111/ hour for each machine. I'd take all of those kind of contracts I could get..............Lynn

4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I have one account that's 8 acres cut trim blow curbs sidewalks and driveways i charge 475.00 I don't know what price range in your part of the country is. i charge on avg. 60.00 per acre. in the south.

5. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Hey SIG

I think know what bid you are talking about. If I'm not mistaken that is highway mowing. WIth highway mowing that is another can of worms. You have to deal with trash and debis and junk along the road side. Not to mention the wear and tear on your equipment. I wouldn't charge no less than $65 per acre.

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Yes I have to agree that if its roadside work, you wouldnt be wrong to charge $60/acre and up.

I thought the original ??? was pertaining to a residence or commercial site. Stopping to clear roadside debris while your mowing can eat up so much of your time its rediculous.

I have one Industrial site that we use an older machine with basic blades along the outerlying sections of the property where its a dumping ground for everything you can think of: batteries, needles, mufflers, hubcaps, tires, clorthing, and the list goes on and on.

7. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

It is not roadside mowing, it is a water treatment plant.

8. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Then I would charge between 35 - 45 per acre. Find out how long it's going to take you and your crew to cut it. But go for it.:blob2:

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Well, there are some economies of scale here. 25 acres and only 1 stop. Trimming billed separately. Terrain is relatively flat.

Sight unseen I would go anything less than $750, and probably would be it at $950 I think.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

They probably will not go anything beyond $20 an acre. $500 would put you in the the door with the rest of the bids.