commercial properties

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TXNSLighting, Dec 13, 2012.

1. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Agreed- Ive already chosen a class of apartment complex im going after. the higher class apartments all have the top companies already and theyve locked them up. You know those big companies around here..

Ive set in ion the mid range complexs, not sleezy ones but the medium nice ones. All the people are friendly and the complexes are the $1200-$3000 per month range..

Trucks always clean when i show up and im all prettied up.

2. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Thanks for all the advice. Im going to re evaluate a few tactics and see what i come up with..

3. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

It takes a lot of practice to become a good sales rep. Some people have it some don't. You have to be a people person or else its just not going to work out. IMO the best sales reps are the owners, no one cares as much as an owner and when a potential client knows he/she are talking to the owner they feel more secure about switching.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

I agree with that!

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

:drinkup:

It is ruthless out there in some groups. I suppose I could have worked harder as I was pretty well known but not as a landscaper. I came from the commercial building industry and getting my foot in the door was hard. Early on, if I did land an account some one killed me. I have learned a lot but also found my Niche.