Commercial property pics

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Olylawnboy, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

I just lost a commercial account that I've done for five years, no complaints, and they even paid off the three months remaining on our currant contract. I'm thinking I got lowballed big time, but anyway. I would like to use pics of the property for a brochure to solicit other commercial accounts. I need to take the pics now, as frankly the place looks great, (even though it's winter) and they'll show our good work. My question is, do you think it would be ok to use them without actual permission of the owner? To track them down and get an ok could take many months as it's a tangle of corporate and property management web. Any ideas or comments. Thanks.
  2. christhomasCLP

christhomasCLP LawnSite Member
    from Mich

As long as your on public property ( sidewalk, plane,etc) the cannot stop you from taking pictures. I would also think that you could use the pictures.
  3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Personally I would get permission from the customer, just to avoid any problems down the road. You never know who will be out to get you out of the business one day, and you'd be surprised to see what they'll do. ALmost as bad as politics digging up dirt!

Anyways, I would send a certified letter, they get the most attention, and then you will get your quick response, and record that you contacted them to use the picture. Shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to get a response, and may save you endless headaches down the road.

Then on the other hand, they may not care one bit and you'd be fine. This is your choice though, just trying to show both points.
    Good luck, post the pic when you take it.
  4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I think as long as its pics of the turf and not there building you should have no problems
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -