commercial property problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i have a small commercial property problem. i got a commercial property this jan and the property manager wanted it trimmed twice a year at 3'' each time, well shes fired before i got to do the second trimming this week and the new manager wanted me to take 8'' to 12" off (he used the reasoning it was way to overgrown) we it took me and my part time helper 3 days @ 4hrs each. i want to send the moron a bill for $475 + $35 dump fee

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Did you explain to the new manager how much labor it would take and the cost for this labor or did he just inherit the current pricing? If you have it stated on the contract by $/hour labor to do the hedges, charge it out appropriatley.

Just because he is a new manager doesnt mean he should get the work done for free! You have to make money, cover your expences and time, and pay your help!

3. Frontier-Lawn

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Why not just send the bill, see what happens...
    That's what I would likely do, what's the worst they can do?

5. Frontier-Lawn

do my figurers sound about right(bill for $475 & a $35 dump fee)? the normal bill is $220 monthly.

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

If I'm reading your post right, that's 24 man hours.

Including the dumping fee, that's 21.25 per man hour.

Way too low. You should at least double it.

ALWAYS agree on a price and get something in writing before doing any work!

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Always talk price before any work is done. I say send a bill for whatever you feel is necessary and see what happens.

8. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns LawnSite Member

What does the contract state?

Why did you agree to do the work before sticking to what to contract stated and getting him to agree to the change?

How can you do a trimming of anyting of 8"-12" and not damage the plant? If you are trimming 3" and the growth was 8"-12" then YES it is over grown and they pricing should have be base on the demand of the plants not what they can afford.

Are you asking us to tell you how much to charge for a job you already priced and had a signed contract for??? How did you price it in the first place.

Is this a JOKE????? :cool2:

9. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

HELLO, u did not state if u had a contract 4 trimming .If u have to cut more than u normally would this is classed as a clean up not a regular trim ,outside the normal procedure and so therefore so is the cost .Do u not schedule your maintenance eg full trim every 3 months and a full cleanup/major trim annually? Works 4 me..Frequency of reg trim is up to u but every 2-3 months is a good str depends on customer. If any other work is required it is out side the ""normal""===then charge as required:waving: TOMO
    ps charge your worker and yourself out at hourlyrate per man/ per man hr worked NO DISCOUNT

10. Frontier-Lawn

heres whats in the contract they signed: