1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial props. late again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Feb 18, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Last year I thought some of the commercial properties were late getting back to us, (last week of March into the first week of April) But this week some of the places came right out and said it will be at least a few weeks if not longer until they make their decision:confused: That puts us into almost April before a decision. It seems they are less enthused to talk to lawn services more and more.
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea I had one last year wait until the First week of April, to let us know there decision.
  3. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I had a place last year wait until april 15, heck we were mowing by then
  4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

You need to include in your proposal the latest date the offer is good through.
    If they are not back with you yet, then fill thier spot with somoene else.

If they get stuck with toothless billy bob and his crapsman mower, and homelite weedeater becuase they drug thier feet too long, i'll bet that next year they will be more decisive in thier decision making.
  5. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

It ceases to amaze me why and how it can be a hard decision for these commercial properties , they know its a job that has to be done every year so why dont they just do it and make the choice and get it over with early , maybe i run my business different but iam not one to procrastinate , i just do it and then its done. I have a few every year that drag there feet and had one i have harressed all this week , (every other day) and finally got them to make a verbal on friday and contract is suppossed to be in my hands by monday or tuesday . we will see if that happens but at least they did give a verbal.