1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial/Residential $?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dekalb lawn man, Mar 2, 2007.

1. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

I know that people always ask how much to charge for certain properties but i think this is alittle different. I usually charge more for commercial than i do for residential. I have been asked to bid on a home owner association for 24 townhomes. My question is, should I treat this as a commercial or a residential? My thoughts where to figure what it would be for both and give them a price right in the middle.( example 50 for res 70 for com= $60 per townhome) What do you think? Thanks.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I would treat it as 100% commercial, seeing how you'll be dealing with the association.
  3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

100% commercial
  4. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare LawnSite Member

I agree, plus it will be a headache because the home owners will want something done different than the association wants, blah, blah, blah, charge more for the headaches...
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I agree there a real pain and most want it done as cheap as they can get it. Put your bid in like you would for any other commercial property.
  6. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

How bad do you want this account?? :waving: