Commercial Scotts spreaders

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lilmarvin4064, Jun 24, 2008.

1. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking at some products with different spreader settings on the bags for Scotts R7-X, and R8-A. Do either of these coincide with the SR-2000? Thanks
  2. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

man im wondering the same thing. and i never can understand the cone setting. i wish they would just come out with a dam manual and not just calibrate instructions.
  3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Only way to correctly apply products with a spreader is to test drive it -- then throw the manufacturer's settings out the window cuz they are usually wrong. After 2 or 3 lawns, you should be at a correct setting if you are able to add up the number of pounds used after treating these lawns.

Otherwise, just put it on setting number ???:laugh:
  4. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

All right I be running a SR-2000 for a while now the cone setting allows for a left to right throw pattern. Like when edging set the cone to 1, or spreading dylox a lighter material you would need to turn the cone to 5,6, or so to make the throw pattern straight. As far as the setting for ferts, right now we are throwing 22-0-8 or 25-0-12 @ 3lbs. per 1000 the setting needs to set between I & J. for 22-0-8 @4lbs./1000 setting L & M.

By the way where did you purchase the SR-2000 and how much did you pay for it?
  5. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I've found the best way to adjust the "helical cone" on my SR2000 is to go by the SGN of the fertilizer I'm spreading. If the fertilizer I'm spreading has larger prills (a higher SGN), then I set the helical cone to a higher adjustment number. Fertilizer with smaller sized prills (lower SGN ratings) spread more evenly for me with a lower numerical setting of my helical cone.