Commercial Sources / Contacts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodbite, Nov 11, 2004.

1. rodbite

rodbite LawnSite Member

Would you pay for list of addresses, Contact person (Who approves services) email address.

Food Chains
    Gas Stations / Chains
    Hotels
    Strip Malls
    Shopping Buildings
    Office Buildings
    Office Parks
    Ect. Ect. Ect.

If so how much would the list be worth to you.

Rod

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

rod, you kind of lost me with the opening sentence, so could you clarify what the list is? is it 100% email addresses, or is it physical addresses along with a relevant email contact?

thanks,
    tony

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

absolutely! my mother is a real estate broker so i have pretty good access to owners names but any little bit would help. it would prolly be worth 10% of the first mow price. why do you ask?

4. rodbite

rodbite LawnSite Member

What i said!!

Property Name
    Address
    Contact name
    Phone
    email (Limited number of properties)

I have a way of compiling this data. I did a test run in test. Compiled 130 commercial contact email addresses. Here is the first 2 replies i got the some day.

Are you Local??

want to drive by ****************************. There is large former club there which includes parking lot on both E and W side of the bldg as well as the back parking lot behind the bldg and the fenced area as well behind the bldg. Need a price to mow down any greenery and/ or kill all but the trees and shrubs? weed eat it all or whatever, Need a price

Also ************** at the corner of Chelsea and 10th. A 1/3 acre lot w/ large borded up house and rear 2 story garage (detached). Monthly service to just keep looking somewhat nice. mowed and weed eaten but nothing fancy (edging, etc...)

Lets start here and see where we can go.

NEXT

I have a 100,000 sf office building in ******** and then 2 single family homes in South *******. The ******** location is newly landscaped and needs some good quality work, and the homes are mine and my partner, and we need some real time and attention of flower beds, etcÂ…

Are these areas you can cover?

Bob

END

5. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I might would be interested. Depends on the price of course.

6. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i have done that before by just driving by a strip mall or office park and looked for the sign that said for lease and got the company name ,then went to thier website and gotthe property managers name phone and email just one way to do it

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

It wouldn't be worth anything to me. I look at specific properties as I drive by and decide then if I'm wanting to put a bid on it.

I suppose it's no different than placing an ad, but 130 commercial contacts, if you're in a town of 10,000, there's probably 500 contacts in that town, and alot of those'll be people that work out of their homes, or many people will work out of the same office.

My .02, nothing better than just getting in the truck, during the offseason, knocking on doors, trying to get business.

Forget fliers, forget ads in papers / phonebooks, just become a salesman and knock on the doors of the places you want.