commercial toro 2 stroke model 22040

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gator007, Apr 13, 2005.

1. gator007

gator007 LawnSite Member

I have been doing lawncare for more than 20 years, and have always said that if they ever stop making the toro 2 strokes, I will quit my buisness. Well now that they have stopped making these mowers, I have changed my mind. I now want to buy as many of these mowers as possible before they are gone. If you know where I can pick up a couple of these mowers, I would appreciate it.
    After reading some of these forums, I am amazed at the people who think honda or some other mower is the best. they are obviously not oriented to be efficient and productive. the geometry of these mowers allows an "experianced" proffessional to be able to operate these mowers with basically one hand. the variable speed clutch engagement allows for unmatchable manouvering, being able to speed up or slow down instead of stop or go like so many mowers do. the fact that the distance between the front wheels and the back wheels is the same distance between the back wheels and the handlebar means that you can mow to within 3 inches of a fence head-on, and spin the mower 180 degrees and have 3 inches of crearance, unlike any other mower.{and I have tried a few out over 20 years} Even though these mowers are awesome stock. I enhance the performance of these mowers by adjusting the governer by about 500 r.p.m. This gives it a little more power and about 5 m.p.h. walking speed. this is no problem for these 2 strokes, they will run forever. I have some that have cut 15,000 lawns with about 20 dollars of maintenance costs. {I sharpen my blades and put on a clean filter EVERY day}. I also take off all the b.b.c. attatchments, ignition kills, and chute deflectors so they are lighter and user friendly. they keep running and there is nothing in the way to remove the bagger. If your lawnmower stops running when you let go of the handle, your lawn maintenance program will never do great. Well I could go on for a while on these toro commercial 2 stroke suzuki 21 inch mowers, and the people that own them know exactly what I am talking about. If you know where {maybe in your area} I can get some that are still in stock, please let me know. another contact is my e-mail at gator007@gci.net

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

LOL! That a good one! I LOVED the 2 strokes! Sorry but they are gone or been bought up. There might be one or two left in small shops, but your only bet are low hour used ones! Here is a link.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71272&item=4373066789&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

3. 128Steve

128Steve LawnSite Member

4. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

128Steve, Thanks!

What is the 22040, zone start or BBC ? Is it self-propelled or push?

No specs for it any longer on Toro site.

Thanks

5. 128Steve

128Steve LawnSite Member

6. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I bet so too. They were the best!

7. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Thanks again, 128Steve .

Got 'em!