Commercial Town-home Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bogielski, Jan 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Just asking here 25 per townhome or 25 per quadplex?
    Not clear one place your talking about per townhome but figures indicate per quadplex

2. Bogielski

Bogielski LawnSite Member

I would be charging $25.00 per quadplex. I went by the property this weekend and looked around. This will be very tedious as far as the trimming and edging. The mowing isnt all that much. This agency manages over 100 HOA,s or apartment complexes in my area. From what she told, I would submit a total cost for the year with all services included. She would divide that by 12 and send a check once a month for the duration of the contract (1yr).

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting. Since I don't do commercial is it the norm to pay monthly? I always thought comms paid quarterly. I know my HOA pays on the quarter.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Agency managed? Ask for your monthly cut in advance as opposed to arrears.
    I could see problems with arrears.

5. Bogielski

Bogielski LawnSite Member

Well im awaiting the response ... I also placed another bid for another account with the same agency. We will see.

6. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

If they are looking to Upscale the service the give them an upscale price. bump it by %10 to cover getting it up to spec.

7. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Around here the guys that do the townhomes get 15-20 per townhouse BUT they dont have the entire complex
    responsibility for maintaining the yards fall on the homeowners and the guys give them a break when they get the entire quad

I agree with DA get your check a month in advance
    Especially if your just starting with this company
    After all what happened with the other LCO that they are now taking bids?

8. Cajun Cleanin'

Cajun Cleanin' LawnSite Member

Did they talk to the other LCO or just start taking bids?Did they get to submit one also?I think the price is pretty good, but the bigger the PM company is it seams the cheaper they are.

9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Off the top of my head, and without running a million numbers through my head, I think you are way, way WAY too low.

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Heck, I'm a solo op and even I can see that. What got me was he mentioned it's only a 1 year contract! At $25 per 4 townhouse unit, you will have a hard time making money. I'd think minimum $10 per individual town home would be getting closer to the right figure but still low. $900 a week is WAY to cheap for all that work. How many guys do you plan on having on the site to do the job? That's a 2 day job to get all them done if not longer. I'm not breaking out the calculator with my figures but I can make that on my own each week working 2 days.