1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Town-home Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bogielski, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Bogielski

Bogielski LawnSite Member

yes you are correct the estimate i proposed in the beginning was way to low, i did change my numbers and submitted a bid much higher than that.
  2. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

let us know how it shakes out./
  3. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

I think that you are on the low end of the bid. It looks like it works out to just under $3k a month. Seems like alot of work for the money. If it was me bidding, now without seeing the property in person but I have seen many layouts on paper and have been able to come up with prices that are pretty close, I would be probobly around $6-7k a month. I am in the process of bidding a property now thats around 5 acres and the bid comes out to just over $100k a year. Another property that is probobly around 7 acres I do for $90k a year and that does not include fertilizer, tree trimming, etc. So I think you really need to re-evaluate the price.
  4. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Ask what equipment can be used on homes. I've seen two association the last year make it mandatory push mowers for front yards. Yap stupid but thats what alot of people want that pay the fees.
  5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bingo........ Bingo, Bingo, Bingo!
  6. Bogielski

So after along wait, and many other proposals, They went with a basic lawn care service (mow, trim, edge and blow) 2 times per month.

We got the contract for the year, however it was significantly lower in price. 12k from May - Nov (6m).
  7. Bogielski

And yes, we had to buy an Exmark Commercial 21 ($1,100.00) for this job.
  8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

So.....upsclale went out the window when price reality set it?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Can you cover 14,000SF with $850 worth of pine needles? What about labor?

Just asking.
  10. cleankutlawnmaintenance

cleankutlawnmaintenance LawnSite Member

You are way off on your pinestraw price. It at the very least needs to be doubled. Its going to take you 325-360 bales depending on the size of the bales and quality of the straw, I can guarantee you that. If you laid 350 bales for $5 per bale, that comes out to $1,750. So double it or you will lose your tail on the straw end.